Re: Qt5 designer build

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: Qt5 designer build
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 16:33:10 +1100

> On 19 Feb 2020, at 10:32, Rory Clarke - UKRI STFC <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I’m using MXE to try to compile a bunch of QT5 libraries. I’m using Centos, a
> GCC version 7 compiler and building within MXE using:
> make -j$(nproc)  MXE_TARGETS='x86_64-w64-mingw32.shared' qt5
>
> Everything works fine but qttools did not seem to compile Designer. I grepped
> through the MXE usr directory looking for Designer*.dll,
> Qt5DesignerComponents*.dll, and designer.exe and found nothing. I tried to
> build designer by un-taring the qttools in the pkg directory and running
> directly in there with the qt5 qmake but that didn’t work. I need the
> designer libraries as the code I’m trying to compile uses Qt += designer in
> parts of its build.
>
> Is there a flag or configure option I need to set in make or even the
> src/qtbase.mx configure options to get mxe’s qt5 to build designer?
>
> Regards,
>
> Rory

Check the qtbase configure help:
"""
  -make <part> ......... Add <part> to the list of parts to be built.
                         Specifying this option clears the default list first.
                         [libs and examples, also tools if not cross-building,
                         also tests if -developer-build]
"""

and add:
    qtbase_CONFIGURE_OPTS='-make libs -make tools'

to your mxe make invocation.

Cheers,

Tony