Monit state file version warning - auto recover/delete bad state file ?

From: Ani A
Subject: Monit state file version warning - auto recover/delete bad state file ?
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 11:25:55 +0530

Hello,

I am running Monit version 5.17.1 on Ubuntu 14.04. At times, I see
that Monit has logged the following:

[PST Nov 14 15:42:40] warning  : State file '/var/lib/monit/state':
incompatible version 2

And after this, my services (that are monitored by Monit) restart.
What can cause this to happen? Is this just file corruption ?
Let's say that this occurred, is there some way in Monit to
check/correct (maybe delete and recreate state file) ?

I am seeing this more often lately, and on production hosts! Any
workarounds would be of
immense help

Thanks.
--