Re: Monit state file version warning - auto recover/delete bad state fil

From: Lutz Mader
Subject: Re: Monit state file version warning - auto recover/delete bad state file ?
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 12:31:56 +0100

Hello Ani,
no, you should delete the status file only once, after you change the
monit version. To do this, monit must stopped. With the next monit
startup, the status file will created again.

>> You can stop monit and delete the monit status file. After you start
>> monit again, the status file will created again.
> Are you telling that I should just delete the status file each time I
> stop Monit ?

On the other hand, I delete the status monit file all the time I kill
monit, to prevent problems.
You should check your environment to clarify that you start monit only
once, with this status file.

With regards,
Lutz