Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Adding things to the API

From: robert Stevens
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Adding things to the API
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 09:35:05 -0000

fab; many thanks

----- Original Message ----- From: "David R Newman" <address@hidden>
To: "robert Stevens" <address@hidden>
Cc: "myexperiment-discuss" <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 1:10 AM

Hi Robert,

Not sure what the answer to the skinning question is, Don may have a better idea. If there is stuff in the database, I am sure it can be exposed in the API. How Taverna and other applications might be able to make use of this will need to be discussed further.

Semantic links in packs can be requested with a URL like the following: http://www.myexperiment.org/pack.xml?id=198&elements=relationships

This will return somthing like:

<pack uri="http://www.myexperiment.org/pack.xml?id=198"; resource="http://www.myexperiment.org/packs/198";>
<relationships>
<relationship uri="http://www.myexperiment.org/relationship.xml?id=6"/>
<relationship uri="http://www.myexperiment.org/relationship.xml?id=7"/>
</relationships>
</pack>

You can then do GET/POST/DELETE using relationship.xml URI. See http://wiki.myexperiment.org/index.php/Developer:RelationshipsResource for more details.

Tags (taggings) for packs have been available for some time, see http://wiki.myexperiment.org/index.php/Developer:TaggingsResource. Obviously, you'd change the subject of the tagging to a pack rather than a workflow as shown on the wiki page cited.

A comprehensive listing of what the API can currently do is available at http://wiki.myexperiment.org/index.php/Developer:API. Apart from some detail of exactly what elements can be selected for each entity (e.g. relationships for packs), Don and I believe the API documentation is about as complete as we can make it.

Regards

David Newman