nano-devel

Re: [ANNOUNCE] nano-8.0 is released

From: Seb
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] nano-8.0 is released
Date: Fri, 3 May 2024 14:40:56 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Benno,

Congratulations for Nano 8.0 .

? <Alt+Home> and <Alt+End> put the cursor on the first and last
 row in the viewport, while retaining the horizontal position.

After installing nano 8.0, trying either Alt+Home or Alt+End results in the following message (white on red) at the bottom on the terminal:
        [ Unknown sequence ]

NB: I see that the binary file is 1/3 lighter than the nano 7.x I was using before. I had to install libncurses-dev for the compilation to work.
nano --version says
 Compiled options: --disable-libmagic --enable-utf8
Could it have something to do with the "Unknown sequence" message?

Sébastien.