openexr-user

Re: [Openexr-user] OpenEXR viewer for Mac OS X reported

From: Drew Hess
Subject: Re: [Openexr-user] OpenEXR viewer for Mac OS X reported
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 07:03:10 -0800 (PST)

Hi Robert,

.hdr and .exr are not the same thing.  OpenEXR is a new format (newly
public, anyway).  HDR has been around for awhile.

Greg Ward's Photosphere application works on the Mac and reads both
OpenEXR and HDR files, among others.  You can get it here:

http://viz.cs.berkeley.edu/gwlarson/pickup/photosphere.tar.gz

or, if that link doesn't work, go here:

http://radsite.lbl.gov/pickup/photosphere.tar.gz

-dwh-