openexr-user

Re: [Openexr-user] OpenEXR viewer for Mac OS X reported

From: John Coldrick
Subject: Re: [Openexr-user] OpenEXR viewer for Mac OS X reported
Date: 30 Jan 2003 11:09:44 -0500

On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 15:58, Paul Nolan wrote:
> Hi John,

        Hey Paul - haven't heard from you in a while!   Figured you'd be around
here...:)  Hope all is well...

> Are you running RH 8.0 by any chance?  I have a version of Photogenics that
> supports OpenEXR, but I`m waiting for Drew to compile some binaries in order
> to get a version working under something in more widespread use.

        Actually, I'm waiving off RH8...I've always had troublesome experiences
with Redhat x.0's...For one thing the default window manager(Gnome2 +
metacity) is crap and unusable for production, and I just gave up after
that(although I know KDE works fine) since I can't afford the potential
headaches in a production environment.  We're very happy with 7.3 - I'll
revisit the 8 series when 8.1 comes out...;)

        Cheers,

        J.C.

Houdini/Renderman/Discreet                           425 Adelaide St W
416-504-0425                                         Toronto, ON Canada
address@hidden                                        M5V 1S4
It takes two to tell the truth: one to speak and one to hear.