pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Server list patch

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Server list patch
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 08:34:31 -0700

On Thu, 2002-09-19 at 19:36, Jacob Ilsø Christensen wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Attached is a patch against current cvs which changes use of GtkCList
> (deprecated) to GtkTreeView in the server list (this is to warm up for
> the article list conversion ;) ).
> Comments are most welcome (especially since I don't know what
> coding/design guidelines are used in Pan).

Looks pretty good, I've checked it in as-is.

The only words of wisdom I might pass on is that, more often than not,
I've been trying to rewrite functions from this:

        void
        old_style (void)
        {
                Type t1 = get_t1_from_user_selection ();
                Pointer ptr = get_ptr_from_type (t1);
                int i = 666;

        }

to this:

        void
        new_style (void)
        {
                Type t1;
                Pointer ptr;
                int i;
                debug_enter ("new_style");

                t1 = get_t1_from_user_selection ();
                ptr = get_ptr_from_type (t1);
                i = 666;

                debug_exit ("new_style");
        }

so that the debug_enter() will be the first thing called by the function,
making it easier to trace crashes from user-supplied runlogs.

cheers,
Charles