pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Read timeouts

From: James Hawtin
Subject: [Pan-devel] Read timeouts
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 12:43:43 +0000 (GMT)

For my sins I have a bad news server from my ISP which takes along time to
give a prompt after a connection is established. I noticed the read
timeout time for sockets is hard coded at 60 seconds...

socket.c:read_from_socket:236

tv.tv_sec = 60;

By bumping it up to 300 seconds the problem went away... I do wonder why
this value is hardcoded, surely it should use the server idle time from
config.xml?

Shame that idle time is not setable using the GUI preferences....

James