pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Progress of scores

From: BlueJAMC
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Progress of scores
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 16:26:59 -0600

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:24:34 -0800
Charles Kerr <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 05:30:58PM -0600, BlueJAMC wrote:

> > > Hmmm, didn't Pan warn that it couldn't create the file?
> > > It shouldn't've just silently failed.
> >
> > An entry was created in the Status log, but Pan didn't give any
> > indication via a message box or dialog.
>
> I've fixed it now so that the directory is created if it doesn't
> already exist.

Is it possible that this also introduced a bug with compiling?

/mnt/linux-backup/cvs/pan/tests/test-newsrc.c:26: undefined reference
to`g_message' test-newsrc.o: In function `import_test'
:/mnt/linux-backup/cvs/pan/tests/test-newsrc.c:56: undefined reference
to`g_message'
/mnt/linux-backup/cvs/pan/tests/test-newsrc.c:65: undefined reference
to`g_message'
/mnt/linux-backup/cvs/pan/tests/test-newsrc.c:74: undefined reference
to`g_message'
/mnt/linux-backup/cvs/pan/tests/test-newsrc.c:83: undefined reference to
`g_message'
test-newsrc.o:/mnt/linux-backup/cvs/pan/tests/test-newsrc.c:89: more
undefined references to `g_message'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [newsrc] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory`/mnt/linux-backup/cvs/pan/tests'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/linux-backup/cvs/pan/tests'
make[1]:*** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory`/mnt/linux-backup/cvs/pan'
make:*** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

I've completely deleted the pan source directory and re-downloaded CVS,
I've done make clean, make distclean, tried it with and without gtkspell
enabled in the config, and went back to make sure that I have all the
required libraries and development packages installed, so if there's
something wrong with my machine, I don't have a clue what it is.  :)

> > The other question/concern I have is why the score file isn't
> > created in the same directory that holds all the other settings by
> > default(~/.pan/data, as far as I can tell)?
>
> Because ~/News/Score is the closest thing to a canonical location for
> slrn's scorefile that I could find.  Ideally Pan and slrn will both be
> able to handle one anothers' scorefiles.

Ahh, ok...that makes sense.  However, might it also make sense to
default it to ~/.pan/data, and then put a line in the Scoring tab of the
preferences saying something along the lines of, "If you wish to use an
existing slrn score file, please put its location here"?

Blue