pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Re: ancient DB schema

From: Bas Mevissen
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Re: ancient DB schema
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 17:40:52 +0200

On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 15:51, Calin A. Culianu wrote:
>  that is all stuff under our control, after
> all.. and the worst case scenario is that a user has to throw out his/her
> downloaded article headers and re-download.  In my opinion that isn't so
> catastrophic..

Just make sure that you store everything of the downloaded article in
the database. When something changes dramatically, it should be very
doable to write a sort of conversion script that converts the database.
Actually, I think it is worthwhile to write a script that can convert a
database to some intermediate format (that never changes). Then you only
need to write a script that can convert from the intermediate format to
the new database format.

Bas.