pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Want to fix memory consumption issues

From: Torstein Sunde
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Want to fix memory consumption issues
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:30:16 +0200

K. Haley wrote:

> [...]  If we move to 2.4 then we could use the FilteredTree,
> unfortunately 2.4 isn't on windows yet.  [...]

The development of the Windows port used by Pan has ceased, see
  http://www.dropline.net/gtk/

The ex-maintainer suggests using Tor Lillqvist's build:
  http://www.gimp.org/win32/
which is currently based on GTK 2.4.1.

I don't know if Pan works with this build, but if a Windows port of
Pan is to be kept alive, it obviously needs to be adapted to a
port of GTK that's maintained.