pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Re: NZB

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-devel] Re: NZB
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 04:09:10 -0700

xxor posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,
on Sun, 05 Sep 2004 20:12:13 -0400:

> Is anyone actively working on a patch for nzb files ?

I've seen it requested in the user group (list, but I get it thru
gmane.org's list2news gateway, so group, here), but haven't seen anyone
mention actually coding it.

If you are interested, then, unless anyone else speaks up saying they've
already started something, I'd say go right ahead.  I'm sure based on the
requests in the user's group, and other discussion I've seen in general,
it'd be a useful and worthwhile feature addition.

As you no doubt know already, Charles has been to busy to do much with PAN
for the last year or so, so it's anyone's guess when it'd be added to the
official version, but having a patch ready certainly wouldn't hurt.
The feature would seem much like yEnc in terms of arguments for addition,
being demanded by the people well before it becomes anything /close/ to
an official standard, and PAN was early in yEnc adoption, so I can't see
why nbz adoption would be any different, particularly if the patch already
exists and fits in well with the current PAN coding style.

Benjamin Franklin