pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Status of DB Backend?

From: K. Haley
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Status of DB Backend?
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 16:19:07 -0600

Dan Johnson wrote:

I was curious if anyone has a workable in progress version of pan with the db backend as discussed in the mailing list. I'm looking at the pan cvs but dont see any mention of this code or other patches for working with 1+million header groups. I'd me more than willing to test any code that's been cranked out in this subjects.

Here is the status of my attempt at a db back end:

servers - done
vservers - done  ( really just a way to organize groups )
group & article - partial ( I need to figure out some of the interactions )
acache - previous patch works, will need some changes
group list - not started
article list - not started
networking - not started
migration of old data - possibly done

As you can see there is still a lot of work to do before pan will be functional. It is likely that someone else will need to do the networking code since I'm not to familiar with it. But that won't happen till the group, article, & acache are more finished.