pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Recent font problem

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Recent font problem
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 23:12:00 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 19:54:14 +0000, Heinrich Mueller wrote:

>> Heinrich, can you point out the place in pan code that calls the cert
>> acceptance dialog box?  I need to put a breakpoint there.
>
> Hi. Try this: b xface.c:1067 b xface.c:1083 b xface.c:1112 b gui.cc:2210
> b gui.cc:2225
>
> Good luck!

<SIGH>

I had to recompile pan today with ssl re-enabled because I disabled it
yesterday, just to make pan temporarily useable.

I set the breakpoints as you suggested above (strangely formatted in this
reply!) and the last one was the right one.

I stepped flawlessly through the code while gmane's cert was added to my
list of server certs.  It was a thing of beauty, if I say so myself.

And then gdb continued running past the breakpoint without hitting the
furshlugginer assertion!  I just spent an hour debugging a non-existent
bug :-/

Then I remembered that gentoo updated my gcc this morning before I
recompiled pan.  The only thing I can think of to explain the whole thing
is that gcc was causing the problem in the first place, and gcc got fixed
this morning.

Oh well, it was a good refresher course in gdb.  I was getting very rusty
anyway.

Thanks for your help, and keep up the good work, please :-)

(But don't be surprised if I post tomorrow that the assertion is back...)