Re: [paragui-users] Does this mean the new homepage is up?

From: Andrew Ford
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] Does this mean the new homepage is up?
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 20:48:01 -0700 (PDT)

Okay, take this for instance:

in addition to:

bool PG_FileArchive::Exists(const char *filename);

we could easily add:

inline bool PG_FileArchive::Exists( std::string
&filename )
{
  return Exists( filename.c_str() );
}

As a convenience for string users.
Now that I'm looking at the interface, something else
that could be done (but I could easily see why someone
wouldn't want to add it to the interface) is something
like:

template <typename T> void PG_File::write( T *buffer,
unsigned int numOfObjects )
{
  write( static_cast< void * >( buffer ), sizeof( T ),
  numOfObjects );
}