Re: [paragui-users] a quick update on OpenGL work

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] a quick update on OpenGL work
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 02:30:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Teunis Peters wrote:

> I've almost got operational :)
> Created a whole graphics abstraction.
> At this point all demos operate except paratest and dblbuffer...

My mistake.  They -kind- of operate.  If OpenGL is disabled they operate
*sigh*.  At least that's a step.
Although if OpenGL is disabled -all- the demos should be working.  Still
hunting a cause.  Suspect a little reorganization is still needed...

Fallback is to SDL standard graphics of course :)

 TODO before I release (unless someone can think of a good reason to
        handle this another way? :)

- Identify why those two demos fail when opengl disabled
- Find out why most demos under opengl give blank screens?
        (also - find cause of segmentation faults... there's lots
         still under OpenGL)
- Maybe writing the OpenGL support as a seperate plugin...  The
  current code that I've added -does- support that concept :)

Note that while what I've done requires a number of API changes, I'm
working with the alpha CVS code so it all should be good *grin*

G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis