Re: Re[2]: [paragui-users] PAraGUI loading time

From: Alexander Pipelka
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [paragui-users] PAraGUI loading time
Date: 14 Jun 2002 16:34:23 +0200

Am Fre, 2002-06-14 um 16.15 schrieb taurus:
<snip>
> I have an array of widget pointers, which is filled before to show
> them all.

Ok.

> AP> Are they shown immediately after creation ?
>
> No, I create them before, then I show them, as I mentioned it above.
>
> AP> I will try this and look for any performance traps.
>
> Thanks! Some kind of crash test :)

I added 2 more test-apps to the CVS "devel-1-0" tree (stress1, stress2).
These create 1024 PG_ThemeWidget objects and show them.

stress1 shows them immediately after creation -> ~2500 ms
stress2 adds them to a PG_Widget container -> ~2000 ms

(on my rather slow Celeron 300)
But i found that the most time consuming part is the creation of the
widgets. Displaying them is rather fast. I guess the slow part is
"LoadThemeStyle".

Maybe you should check the drawing code of your widget.

> >> I can see only gradient background of the parent
> >> widget, child widget are not shown. I tried to use WidgetList,
> >> the same :( What can be wrong?
> AP> Do you use AddChild ? - Don't use it.
>
> No.
>
> AP> Always specify the parent in the constructor of the child.
>
> That`s the way I do it.
> Sorry, I didn`t mention before - those 1050 widget have parent -
> background widget. It works correct, but when I`m trying to create
> another widget container - child widgets are not shown, and I do all
> the same way - I`ve checked it thousand times.

Hmm. Strange.
Can you create some minimal sample app showing that behaviour ?

> Maybe there is a constrain for the total amount of widget?

No.

Alex