Re[4]: [paragui-users] PAraGUI loading time

From: taurus
Subject: Re[4]: [paragui-users] PAraGUI loading time
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 13:11:03 +0100

Hello Andrew,

Friday, June 14, 2002, 19:51:01, you wrote:

AF> 1050 widgets is too many widgets :)
AF> What I would suggest doing is instead of creating a
AF> widget for each square of your map editor and putting
AF> them in a container, subclass PG_Widget, make sure the
AF> constructor asks for the parent to have a surface

Well, even 1050 widget redraw themselves pretty  fast. :) (viva
ParaGUI)

And having a widget for every cell helps me to save lots of time, it`s
true. I don`t need very fast application, so it does its work, but
thanks anyway for your ideas! Maybe I`ll move to the scheme you`ve
suggested when time let me.

Kind regards,
       taurus

address@hidden

 ->> "If you will have a megaphone, you will never have to be alone..."