[paragui-users] re: appidle

From: Keith Swyer
Subject: [paragui-users] re: appidle
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 09:25:26 -0400

i have been able to get the idle calls attached to the application class
only, which looking at the code seems like the only way you can process the
idle calls.

taurus, i'm curious to how you are calling the functions in other widgets on
the idle message. Do you know exactly which widgets to call? for myself i
don't. my animation widgets are embedded in other widgets which are in dlls.
so in my case i can't send messages directly to them and i don't know ahead
of time the widgets so that i can call their functions.  i'm guessing that i
am gonna have to go back to looking at using timers. I have tried to send
messages from the idle event function to the rest of the widgets, but the
only floods the event queue, so that idea doesn't work.

any suggestions?
--Keith