Re: [paragui-users] re: appidle

From: taurus
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] re: appidle
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 17:50:09 +0000

Hello Keith,

Tuesday, November 12, 2002, 13:25:26, you wrote:

KS> taurus, i'm curious to how you are calling the functions in other widgets on
KS> the idle message. Do you know exactly which widgets to call? for myself i
KS> don't. my animation widgets are embedded in other widgets which are in dlls.
KS> so in my case i can't send messages directly to them and i don't know ahead
KS> of time the widgets so that i can call their functions.  i'm guessing that i
KS> am gonna have to go back to looking at using timers. I have tried to send
KS> messages from the idle event function to the rest of the widgets, but the
KS> only floods the event queue, so that idea doesn't work.

let`s see.
you can send event message with NULL in target widget property, so it
will receive *every* widget (broadcast). Before that you can register all
animation widget on their init. So, if you need to update only certain
widget, you send the update event, specifying its ID in userdata property.

in my case, I have a workspace widget(background) that contains map and control
widgets. map contains object widgets. On idle event, I update all
animation widgets by sending message "time to update, guys" as broadcast.

By that, I have sync`ed animation to about 30 frames/sec. I draw all
animation widgets then update the whole screen.

I hope it helps.
If you have more questions, be my guest! :P

Kind regards,
       taurus

address@hidden

 ->> "If you will have a megaphone, you will never have to be alone..."