Re: [paragui-users] OpenGL?

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] OpenGL?
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:29:55 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Jacek [iso-8859-2] Pop³awski wrote:

> What's the current status of OpenGL support in ParaGUI? I can't find anything
> about OpenGL in docs or tests in version 1.0.2. What happened with testgl?

I'm not sure how the main branch approaches OpenGL (I never did get it
working on my system so....) but I think it was dependant on
SDL_OPENGLBLIT which doesn't really exist anymore.

I'm working on a branch (devel-opengl) which uses opengl natively for
rendering.  At this point it's:
        - working in dblbuffer - but the texture colourkeys aren't
        - crashing in anything multithreaded (this means pretty much all
                paragui demos unfortunately...)
I get quite nice speeds out of "dblbuffer -gl" now - 220fps yesterday :)
but still texturing's a little out.  Haven't built up the energy to deal
with it.

There's apparently a library that allows one to render opengl inside of a
paragui window.  It didn't work for me but who knows, it may work for you.

G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis