Re: [paragui-users] OpenGL?

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] OpenGL?
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:25:44 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Alexander Pipelka wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 21. November 2002 17:14 schrieb Dinand Vanvelzen:
> > i really would like to have a link to the ParaGL code ( the one Teunis
> > made ) on the website.
>
> There's some need for explanation.
> The ParaGL code is the *old* OpenGL implementation using SDL_OPENGLBLIT.

which is why it doesn't work with current SDL (last I checked anyways).
SDL_OPENGLBLIT was removed from SDL.

> The new implementation (Teunis) is *only* available via CVS.

and to confirm yes the code very much is in flux - although it's starting
to settle now.  I've still got some work to do with chromakey and alpha
management (so GIF transparency works amongst other things :)
and also clean up the font management some... so it actually RENDERS in
opengl.

There's also some threading issues that are biting rather hard right now,
and while 'dblbuffer' works, many other apps don't.  This may mean
reworking HOW rendering is handled.

G'day, eh? *wry grin*
        - Teunis