Re: [paragui-users] random delete problem (off topic)

From: taurus
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] random delete problem (off topic)
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 19:51:04 +0000

Hello Keith,

Wednesday, November 27, 2002, 19:39:44, you wrote:

KS> i've been having a few problems the last 2 days with random delete calls to
KS> valid address spaces, giving me access violations. does anyone have any
KS> ideas as to what the heck could be going wrong?

I had such strange also...
I`ve solved it by not using delete :) but only in specific cases
Why?
If you`ve loaded a surface from your theme, it`s been cached by
FileArchive. When you do SDL_FreeSurface, the pointer is still in the
cache, but destroyed and *not* NULL`ed.
When you upload/go through Application/FileArchive functions ParaGUI
goes through the FileArchive cache and blows...

So, if you uploaded a resource from a theme file, dont delete it! You
can only *unload* it (check FileArchive functions).

Kind regards,
       taurus

address@hidden

 ->> "If you will have a megaphone, you will never have to be alone..."