Re: [paragui-users] win32 ParaGUI crash on exit??? HELP!

From: Alexander Pipelka
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] win32 ParaGUI crash on exit??? HELP!
Date: 06 May 2003 08:53:59 +0200

Am Die, 2003-05-06 um 00.19 schrieb address@hidden:
> At 09:00 AM 5/05/03 +0200, Alexander Pipelka wrote:
> > > I have posted twice with no reponse.  Is there is another place I
> > should be
> > > taking my questions?
> >
> >Yes.
>
> Care to tell me where that is please ?

Oops,..
Sorry my vault: The answer should be "No" :))

> >Well, if you'd like to use GUI lib. Do it.
> >If you'd like to help to improve ParaGUI. Great.
> >It's your choice.
>
> The latter is preferable,  but made difficult when I'm having troubles even
> getting it to perform in a stable manner - hence my request for help.
> When one choice can't be made to work, then in fact, there is no choice.
>
> FWIW,  running it through Bounds Checker revealed places where memory is
> being allocated by new and deallocated by free.  This might be a result of
> different versions of libraries/DLLS (SDL for example).

I've used BoundsChecker a couple of times and my personal opinion is
that BoundsChecker is crap. crap. crap,...

"Valgrind" is the healing,.. :))
I'm 99.999% sure that ParaGUI is clean.

> >BTW, Did you try to compile the sample apps coming with the source
> >tarball ?
> >Did you succeed ?
>
> These are indeed the same apps (tutorials) which crash.  The most simple
> "hello world" tutorial supplied with the tarball ( tut1.cpp ) crashes on exit.

No. I didn't mean the tut* files from the docs. The ParaGUI source
distribution contains a "test" directory and a VisualC.zip (with the
proper VC++ workspaces).

Alex