[paragui-users] scripting and paragui

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: [paragui-users] scripting and paragui
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:08:34 -0700 (PDT)

A real problem I've encountered with paragui is the inability to call
paragui from other languages.  I've experimented with python, perl, ruby,
scheme, cmu lisp, C, and such.  All not really particularily smoothly.

As I do most of my R&D experimentation in (whatever) language not in C++,
and only work in C/C++ when I have a working prototype, this has been a
nuisance.

I don't know what the rest of y'all think of this but I've run out of
ideas.

I did play with the idea of doing something through paragui's XML
callbacks but paragui's XML support is actually quite... primitive.  And
rather frustrating.  (got the idea from all of these languages supporting
XML and most supporting XML streaming + XMLRPC)

G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis