[paragui-users] oh more on devel-opengl

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: [paragui-users] oh more on devel-opengl
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:15:53 -0700 (PDT)

Feel free to check the archives but current status (last I checked):

codebase - somewhat out of date against current.  I'm getting working on
that again.... *sigh*.  Anyways, it hasn't really been updated since
march/april of this year so time to get at it again *g*.

fallback drivers - working.   As per standard ParaGUI2 but with a rewrite
        of SDL_image handling (uses it's own class now)
opengl drivers - mostly working with texture and transparency probs.  I'm
        starting to think of rewriting how paragui handles transparency...
        Not sure if entirely threadsafe.  I now run nVidia which is
        multithread capable opengl driver unlike my old Matrox so...
directx drivers - currently concept stage.  Should be possible though.

It's a little clunky but I think I wrote enough documentation into the
source...
I've never really had a lot of feedback and even less support so no idea.

Oh - true 3D subwindows aren't implemented yet.  First goal was to
implement backwards compatibility from the 3D system to the 2D system.

The rewrite was necessary as ParaGUI's rendering methods do -not- work
with opengl.  Or share with it.
Oh - ParaGUI by design isn't terribly friendly on systems that limit
single threads to rendering (like most opengl implementations and some
older X versions).

That help?
G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis