[paragui-users] test/paratest.cpp runtime crash

From: Tobias Käs
Subject: [paragui-users] test/paratest.cpp runtime crash
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 11:21:01 +0100

Hello,
This test file does compile, but it crashes when it’s started.

I use MSVC 6.0 under Windows XP.
I use the 1.0.4 beta 2 binaries.

The problematic line is #352:
        TestWindow wnd1(NULL, PG_Rect(50,50,500,300), "My 2nd Testwindow");

- The constructor is executed completely
- After the debugger returns from the constructor,
  it jumps into some disassembled code of my program
  and tells me "user defined breakpoint"
- If I go on in debug mode, another error comes:
  "uncatched exception: Privileged Instruction"

  The corresponding assembler instruction shown are:

[...]
0012E8CA   adc         al,byte ptr [eax]
0012E8CC   enter       12E8h,0
0012E8D0   hlt
0012E8D1   and         al,40h
0012E8D3   add         byte ptr [ebp+edi*8+2060012h],bl
0012E8DA   add         byte ptr [eax],al
[...]

The line with "hlt" is marked when the exception is raised.

The other test programs seem to work.
Does anyone have an idea here?