Re: [paragui-users] Paragui 1.0.4 and MinGW

From: Asko Kauppi
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] Paragui 1.0.4 and MinGW
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 00:51:46 +0200

Please also observe that the binaries (.dll) that come from MingW (gcc) and Visual C++ are not compatible. This is why i dislike C++ - i need to provide two set of binaries to my users, depending on with which compiler they compile the host.

There might be some compiler flags for doing "standard" C++ name mangling (whatever that is) so that the DLLs could be interchangable.

I said this because you'll be stepping on it sooner or later anyways, right?

-ak