[paragui-users] Buttons capture all events when pressed...

From: Steve McCrea
Subject: [paragui-users] Buttons capture all events when pressed...
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 16:50:44 +0100

Hi,

We're developing a timed game, but if I hold down one of the buttons the game pauses, because the button's eventMouseButtonDown() calls SetCapture(), so that all events are sent to this button only.

I commented out this part of PG_MessageObject::ProcessEvent() so that messages would continue to go to all objects:

    if ((captureObject != NULL) && (captureObject != this)) {
        return false;
    }

and it seems to do what I want (not pause the game), but can anyone advise me?
Is this a good idea?
Is there a better way?

Thanks,
Steve