Re: [paragui-users] paragui and debian

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] paragui and debian
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 17:34:56 -0800 (PST)

Sounds like compiled with old C++ linker.

hrm.  Guess debian hasn't upgraded paragui-1.0.  Someone might want to ask
the maintainer.

well, to make a local copy:
apt-get src paragui
cd paragui-1.0  (I think...)
dpkg-buildpackage -tc -us -uc
and the resulting .deb's can be installed from the previous directory...
*sigh*

GNU C++ changed their linking rules over the last couple of years (in the
jump to gcc-3.1+ actually) and some packages may have slipped through.  An
old package like ParaGUI-1.0 would be a good example of one that would.

G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis, not terribly active these days but an avid
                Debian-unstable user