phpgroupware-docteam

[Phpgroupware-docteam] I kill myself.

From: Josh Miller
Subject: [Phpgroupware-docteam] I kill myself.
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 13:32:39 -0600

All that, and I didn't even get myself on the list properly.

Okay so I am here now.

Okay, I agree with Brandon that he and I can keep track of both Tecnical Doc organization and presentation management. As well as content.

Yes, I think we need to somehow manage the SGML setup so we can pull both Manual, and inlinehelp out of the same material that builds the user guides.

I am going to try and get a running draft of documentation standards on the web site, as we develope them here. we will need to come up with some way to make final desisions whenever conflicting views come into play.

I think translations will fall inline easily. Translations have been an active part of the project even if documentation efforts have been for the majority a dead topic the last year or so(I gather).

Seek3r has said that he will pick back up with the inline doc generator.

I would like to start working on some changes to the Manual app to read data straight from SGML, and then to follow that with having inline help pulled from similar files. But I currently lack a server to work on with any degree of convience. (dual booting and shareing a PC with non Linux users) and I don't feel up to setting up every thing on this PC to run the code from windows.

So far as the documentation for manual and inline help with in apps. I think it would be safe to build the manual pages copied from what manual pages exist. but I think it should be up to the developer to add the inline as they see fit. If done wrong it could become very, intrusive to the style of their application.

From an earlier conversation with Seek3r I think we should concentrate doc
work aimed at the .13 head branch in anticipation of having material ready for the .14 release. then branch to a HEAD vs. Stable documentation branch to cover differences with what would be in the next release.

- Josh