po4a-dev

Re: [Po4a-dev]. Introducing po-pod

From: Denis Barbier
Subject: Re: [Po4a-dev]. Introducing po-pod
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 10:26:01 +0100

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 09:04:52AM +0100, Martin Quinson wrote:
[...]
>   * pod-translate:

Just for the record, my feeling is that this name makes full sense
when documents contain only a single language, but it is not
adequate when multiple languages are encountered, as with po-debconf
by instance.
IMO we should not try to have a unique interface, but 2.

[...]
> Denis, would you kind enough to have a look at it, and upload it (you're
> marked as maintainer :) ?

Sure :)

[...]
> - I could also work on po-debiandoc to move it to the new interface
>   (gettextize, updatepo and translate) and use the new Po.pm. Denis, what do
>   you think?

Yes, po-debiandoc should use it.

> - Last possibility, I could package it as perl module, but I dunno how to do
>   that, and I would prefer to do something else.

I do not understand this sentence, what is "it"? po-pod? Po4a?

Denis
PS: is it be possible to rename Po4a into po4a in CVS?  It is error prone.