po4a-dev

Re: [Po4a-dev] po-debiandoc, po-man and module name for root module

From: Martin Quinson
Subject: Re: [Po4a-dev] po-debiandoc, po-man and module name for root module
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:45:32 +0100

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 12:30:32PM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 12:00:59PM +0100, Martin Quinson wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > > Yes, po-debiandoc should use it.
> >
> > That is to say ? Do you allow me to hack on your code ?
>
> Sure.

Ok, I was looking about man, but I'll give a try to po-debiandoc. FYI, here
are some stats about the man pages on my system (ignoring the translated
ones):
Seen 5953 pages.
  1 contains 'DO NOT EDIT' or 'generated', but I dunno by who.. 0 seem to
define new macro.
  1 generated by latex2man. 1 seem to define new macro.
  1 generated by mtex2man(1). 0 seem to define new macro.
  11 generated by db2man.xsl. 11 seem to define new macro.
  29 generated by docbook-to-man. 29 seem to define new macro.
  60 contains 'THIS FILE HAS BEEN AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED.  DO NOT EDIT.'. 0
seem to define new macro.
  85 generated by docbook2man. 0 seem to define new macro.
  154 generated by help2man. 0 seem to define new macro.
  1010 generated by Pod::Man. 1010 seem to define new macro.
  4601 seem to be a source file. 176 seem to define new macro.

I guess i'll emit a warning about generated pages, and fail of pages
defining new macros. I'll still be able to handle >78% of the pages on my
system (95% if we say that pod pages are handled with po-pod).

It looks pretty damned faisible.

> [...]
> > > PS: is it be possible to rename Po4a into po4a in CVS?  It is error prone.
> >
> > Sure, but it would need to be a real package.
> > I thought to name it po4a, or po-all if we want to follow the same naming
> > convention accross modules. But this one is perticular: it's kind of root in
> > dependency tree (once Po.pm is there). Or we could call this
> > liblocale-po4a-perl, if we want to follow the Perl policy ;)
>
> The latter looks fine.  Not very mnemonic nowadays, but it will become
> when liblocale-po4a-perl is packaged.

Not done with this yet. Do we call it liblocale-po4a-po-perl, or do we pack
together all the modules perl which don't fit into other packages?

I think that liblocale-po4a-perl is long enough, but perl policy enforce
liblocale-po4a-po-perl for module Locale::Po4a::Po.pm. I hope that if we put
a manpage about the po4a.7 project, the short name will be enough.

Any objection?

Mt.

--
Und auch jetzt ist ein Mensch mehr Affe als irgend ein Affe.
          --- F. Nietzsche