qemu-devel

QEMU function trace

From: wanghw364
Subject: QEMU function trace
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 20:25:38 +0800 (CST)

Hi all,

Does qemu-system-riscv64 have any plugin or tools that can support target program function trace feature?

It seems there is no such feature under link:https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/blob/master/docs/devel/tcg-plugins.rst

For example, we can use libexeclog.so plugin to trace target program instruction trace.

In my case, when I boot linux kernel with qemu, it hangs in the halfway, but I don't know the hang position in the code,

so I want to trace the kernel function calling trace so that I can find out when and where execution diverges.

Thanks.