Re: [Qemu-discuss] qemu-io-cmds does not compile on macOS

From: Programmingkid
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] qemu-io-cmds does not compile on macOS
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 06:36:27 -0400

> On Jun 23, 2019, at 12:00 PM, address@hidden wrote:
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 17:22:03 +0200
> From: Juan Rafael García Blanco <address@hidden>
> To: qemu-discuss <address@hidden>
> Subject: [Qemu-discuss] qemu-io-cmds does not compile on macOS
>
> Hi all,
>
> I think the latest changes to qemu-io-cmds.c make it impossible to compile
> under macOS. It now uses clock_gettime, which is not available in this OS.
> I’m using 10.9.5; I think this function is now included in 10.12.
>
> I would step up to try to prepare a patch that uses a replacement in case it
> is being compiled in a macOS version that does not include that function. But
> I do not know if you want to support these ‘old' macOS versions…
>
> Thank you,
> Juan.

Hi Juan,

Sorry to hear you are inconvenienced by this function. I do hope you find a
work around for this issue. These older versions of Mac OS X may be old, but
they are also perfectly decent operating systems to use.

Judging by the code in qemu-io-cmds.c, replacing clock_gettime() with the ANSI
C function clock() may work. I use Mac OS 10.12 so I would not be able to tell
you how good such a patch would perform on Mac OS 10.9.5.

Perhaps the easiest thing to do would be the reverse this patch:
https://github.com/qemu/qemu/commit/50290c002c045280f8defad911901e16bfb52884

I think this command would do the trick: git apply -R <patch>