Re: [Quilt-dev] RFC: improving quilt minor mode for emacs

From: Martin Quinson
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] RFC: improving quilt minor mode for emacs
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 17:47:42 +0100

On Sat, Mar 03, 2012 at 11:48:02AM +0900, satoru takeuchi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have about twenty patches for lib/quilt.el, an emacs minor mode for quilt.
> Can
> I send these patches to this list? These are for improving performance,
> for fixing bugs, and for adding new features. In addition, they are well
> tested.
>
> # I send this mail because I hesitate about sending such a big
> patchset abruptly.
>
> To tell the truth, I once announced the release of quilt-el 0.45.3 [1]
> and it is merged
> to quilt itself (and then I became an quilt committer). However I have updated
> quilt-el separating from quilt itself[2] after that. I don't remember
> why I made such
> ridiculous decision... Anyway, now I would like to re-sync this script
> in quilt and finish
> maintaining it as my own project.
>
> [1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/quilt-dev/2007-04/msg00000.html
> [2] http://satoru-takeuchi.org/dev/quilt-el/index.html

>From my point of view, you could also merge these patches directly
into the quilt repository. After all, you know what you are doing
concerning this minor mode.

In addition, you shouldn't feel sorry about providing a large
patchset: it only mean that you worked a lot for the project ;)

Thanks for that,
Mt.

--
If you think that education is expensive, try ignorance.
  -- Albert Einstein