Re: [Quilt-dev] RFC: improving quilt minor mode for emacs

From: satoru takeuchi
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] RFC: improving quilt minor mode for emacs
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 20:17:27 +0900

Hi Martin, Jean, and all

2012/3/4 Satoru Takeuchi <address@hidden>:
>>> I have about twenty patches for lib/quilt.el, an emacs minor mode for
>>> quilt. Can
>>> I send these patches to this list? These are for improving performance,
>>> for fixing bugs, and for adding new features. In addition, they are well
>>> tested.
>>>
>>> # I send this mail because I hesitate about sending such a big
>>> patchset abruptly.
>>>
>>> To tell the truth, I once announced the release of quilt-el 0.45.3 [1]
>>> and it is merged
>>> to quilt itself (and then I became an quilt committer). However I have
>>> updated
>>> quilt-el separating from quilt itself[2] after that. I don't remember
>>> why I made such
>>> ridiculous decision... Anyway, now I would like to re-sync this script
>>> in quilt and finish
>>> maintaining it as my own project.
>>>
>>> [1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/quilt-dev/2007-04/msg00000.html
>>> [2] http://satoru-takeuchi.org/dev/quilt-el/index.html
>>
>> From my point of view, you could also merge these patches directly
>> into the quilt repository. After all, you know what you are doing
>> concerning this minor mode.
>
> Year, tha's right. I will merge these patches directry
> if there aren't any objection. Of course I know what I'm
> doing as you said and the script applying these patches
> have worked fine for many years.

As I said last week, I merged the following thirteen patches about lib/quilt.el.

    quilt-el: be aware of QUILT_PATCHES
    quilt-el: simplify quilt-revert
    quilt-el: considering default-directory' is nil
    quilt-el: optimize `quilt-revert'
    quilt-el: update the maintainer's email addres.
    quilt-el: return to the original cwd even if `shell-command' failed.
    quilt-el: fix polluting namespace by nested function.
    quilt-el: cleanup codes by introducing `quilt-cmd-to-list' function.
    quilt-el: supporting multiple quilt trees
    quilt-el: make it checkdoc clean.
    quilt-el: make it byte compile clean
    quilt-el: remove `Version' and `URL' tags in the document
    quilt-el: fix `quilt-patch-list' to call `quilt series'..

Now this script is up-to-date. It would be useful for all emacs&quilt users
who often accidentally edit not-yet-quilt-added files (yes, It's me.)
Such mistakes can automatically be avoided by it :-)

Thanks,
Satoru