repo-criteria-discuss

Re: CodeBerg addition

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: CodeBerg addition
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 23:02:28 -0500

  > Codeberg's new-repo form still shows that giant list. However, Codeberg
  > does not actually *allow* non-free licensing, so anyone choosing
  > non-free from that list is in violation of Codeberg's terms.

  > The reason for this situation is obviously not because Codeberg chose to
  > show the list but because nobody fixed it yet.

I understand now.  Thanks.

  > I have opened issues at multiple levels in this stack to suggest that
  > the situation be fixed.

I think it would be a better approach to use this bug, in a gentle
way, to urge them to fix the bug.  Something like, "We see that
Codeberg's intention is to allow only free licenses, which would earn
the answers of Yes for criterion B3.  We're only waiting for bug #69
to be fixed."

I've written that with a tone that is not demanding or impatient,
just waiting for this minor problem to be cleared away so we can
be more supportive,

Or, since they are working on this area, we could simply wait a few
weeks and see if they fix it.  There is no super rush about adding any
entry.  We want to add more, but no one entry is ever urgent
unless it is negative ;-{.