reproduce-devel

[sr #110738] configure gets confused with a build dir with the same base

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [sr #110738] configure gets confused with a build dir with the same base name as the current project
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 14:10:58 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #3, sr #110738 (project reproduce):

Indeed, thanks a lot for reporting this bug Victor, and the suggested fix.

The problem raised by Boud is valid and given my experience with new users,
may happen regularly (before obtaining a Maneage-based mind-frame, most
scientists just drop their input data, source code and output data in the same
directory!).

But I don't think much complexity is needed. We can simply check if the
absolute address of the given build directory is exactly equal to the absolute
address of the source directory with and without a trailing slash. We already
have an 'absolute_dir' function in 'configure.sh' for deriving the absolute
address of a given location.

What do you think?

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110738>

Message sent via Savannah