[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: log_accum at Savannah

From: Derek R. Price
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: log_accum at Savannah
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 23:13:36 -0400

Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> Another version of the diff - enough for today.

I've installed your changes in CVS, with a few modifications.  I added
some code to untaint a few more vars and required a -E option to
suppress diffs of added and removed files.  (I think supplying diffs
with added and removed files is what first got me interested in this
topic some time ago.  I like it because with this option, the entire
commit can be reproduced in a workspace by piping the email to `patch -p0'.)

> If you think you are using a different version than what currently
> lies in CVS *please tell me*.

Not that I know of.

> I also attach 2 mails - one from log_accum_savannah and another from
> log_accum_beuc. Admittedly I am using commit -f for my tests, so this
> biaised toward log_accum_savannah, but this shows there are a couple
> cosmetic changes to integrate.

I haven't tried to look at the cosmetic changes yet.  I was stuck on the
taint checking (lines 304 & 374 still get taint complaints).  I'm going
to go back to the taint checking tomorrow, but I need to get some sleep
tonight.

Regards,

Derek

--