Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Copyrights.

From: Sebastian Gerhardt
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Copyrights.
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 08:55:13 +0100

Hello,

On Fri, 2008-12-19 at 23:39 -0500, Nicodemo Alvaro wrote:

> sayphi
> ;;  (C) Copyright 2006, 2008
> ;;      Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
> ;;      Planning & Learning Group (PLG)
>
> ... After the license notice
>
> ;; Author: Tomas de la Rosa
> ;; Date: 2005.09.12

this can mean:
- de la Rosa wrote the substantial part of the file in 2005
  as part of his work on/for the university

- the university released a project with this file in it
  for the first time in 2006 and claims to be the copyright owner

- the file saw relevant changes again in 2008 on behalf of the same
  university (but not in 2007)

If this happens to be the case, then to the best of my knowledge this is
a correct copyright notice.