Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Moving #savannah from FreeNode to OFTC

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Moving #savannah from FreeNode to OFTC
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 22:09:24 GMT

    Consequently, consistent with promoting privacy (and Tor), I propose
    to move #savannah from FreeNode to OFTC.

IMHO:

1. I would find it regrettable that savannah not use the "official" GNU IRC.

2. But I find it even more regrettable that rms did not see fit to
   consider your experience sufficient to take some kind of action.  (I
   wonder if he realized the privacy issues.)

3. So I don't oppose the change, speaking personally.

I'll be interested to see what other savannah folk think.

karl