Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Moving #savannah from FreeNode to OFTC

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Moving #savannah from FreeNode to OFTC
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 18:53:15 +0300

Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 10:09:24PM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
> > I'll be interested to see what other savannah folk think.

[I don't think I count as "savannah folk", but anyway.]
Personally, I don't care much, not being an IRC user myself, but...

> I got an OK from Mario and Jonathan via IRC too, and no objections,
> so let's do that.

It is unfortunate that #savannah is not going to be on the same
network as the rest of the GNU projects, and AFAICT, the majority of
the free projects.  (There's a technical obstacle for users too --
some IRC clients support only one network per session.)

It seems to me that there's a posibility rms had misunderstood your
request, or just hadn't paid enough attention to evaluate it properly.
(Such things happen from time to time, it's natural.)  Perhaps it is
worth trying convincing him via another route/approach?