Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Caleb Xu's volunteering details

From: Caleb Xu
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Caleb Xu's volunteering details
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 19:58:38 -0400

Hello Karl,

Apologies for my rather blunt message - the page on "Help contribute to Savannah" on the GNU website only listed the two things I needed in the email.

Regarding my background with free software and GNU, I agree largely with GNU and FSF's goals of providing software that can be freely used, distributed, modified, and studied. I use GNU software every day in my own work, and I understand the strict coding and release guidelines required of free software. Granted, I don't use an entirely free distro, but I have a pretty good idea of what it means to develop and use free software. Until recently, I've only known GNU as a rather old organization that maintains some mainstream command line tools (and some really obscure ones too), and as one of the few organizations out their with a recursive acronym as their name, but I've decided to do some more research into GNU and have decided that it is a cause worthy of my effort.

--
Caleb Xu

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
-Philippians 4:8