Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] UPDATE: New hardware for *.savannah.gnu.or

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] UPDATE: New hardware for *.savannah.gnu.org and lists.gnu.org
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 23:34:12 -0600

Hi Ruben,

Bob Proulx wrote:
> There a few minor things such as UUIDs on swap on mgt that have spun
> but those are minor and can be fixed up easily.

Unfortunately some uids were changed in the move.  Munin on mgt had
different uids.  But problematic is that exim on frontend is inop due
to a change in uids.  No email can send out.  I fixed the uids on mgt
for munin.  I will fix the uids on exim so that mail will go out.

Could we learn how the uids may have changed?  For example were the
file systems copied while mounted on a different system without
preserving numeric ids?  That is what it is feeling like so far.
Knowing that will help us know how to deal with the problem.

Thanks for all of the work on the systems!

Bob