Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Comments disabled

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Comments disabled
Date: Sat, 14 May 2016 16:53:46 -0600

Hello David,

David Hedlund wrote:
> I cannot post a comment on https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?47853#postcomment
> The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

All of the Savannah systems are suffering continued networking
problems after a server move last Friday the 6th.  Being that
networking is used for everything it means that everything is
suffering.  This affects the web server, the source control server,
the download server, everything.

The FSF admins are aware of this and have been working to try to fix
things.  They will return to work on Monday morning and pick up the
task of working on this again.  Until then I can offer nothing but to
wait and try again.  The problem seems to be worse when activity load
and congestion is high.  Trying again when load and congestion is
lower might allow it to work.

One of the problems for the FSF admins is that there isn't a
repeatable test case.  I myself sometimes have it work and sometimes
have it fail.  It is not repeatable.  Which leads me to believe it is
congestion and activity load related.  It seems to be worse from
Europe than from the US.

We appreciate the reports.  Otherwise we really don't know if this is
failing for people or working for people.

Bob