[Savannah-hackers-public] rejection policy impact

From: Ivan Zaigralin
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] rejection policy impact
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2017 08:44:43 -0800

Thanks so much, assaf :)

You are right, this seems adequate, thanks a bunch for making these changes. I
think the placement of "but is ultimately at the discretion of Savannah
hackers" is still not ideal, but now it's visible enough to a first-time
submitter.

Moving forward, I was thinking about doing a survey of rejected submissions
with the goal of determining both the objective scope (count, byte size) and
the subjective scope (specific reasons given) of past rejections. I believe
this is a necessary first step, since we would want to see what the standing
policy in fact accomplishes before we even try to replace it with something
else.

This will probably take a while. I am assuming I can see all the past
rejections, but if I hit a wall, I will give you a shout. During this time, I
would love to hear suggestions about an effective way of conducting this
survey, or any ideas, really, pertaining to this policy discussion.