Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] vcs0 disk filling up, /var/cache/cgit agai

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] vcs0 disk filling up, /var/cache/cgit again
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 16:00:37 -0400

Bob Proulx wrote:

> It appears that cgit when acting as a git repo caches the files passed
> through it.  This is definitely inefficient at best because those
> files are already locally available.  This seems to be a lot of the
> problem.  cgit is being used inappropriately as a clone source and
> therefore doing a lot of unnecessary work.

IIUC, this can be disabled by adding

enable-http-clone=0

to the config. I've added that, but it doesn't seem to have made a difference.
I don't know if config changes are supposed to take effect immediately,
or if some service is supposed to be restarted.

> I am also seeing a lot of cgit snapshot activity.  Across all of the
> projects.  Here is one example.

(That is also something that can be disabled in theory, but seems
useful, unlike the cloning thing.)