[sr #110917] dead links on older email archive pages

From: Dave
Subject: [sr #110917] dead links on older email archive pages
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2023 06:30:32 -0400 (EDT)

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
        Operating System: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Follow-up Comments:

Date: Wed 09 Aug 2023 05:30:29 AM CDT By: Dave <barx>
The "download the archives in mbox format" link on
http://lists.gnu.org/r/groff/2019-04/ and pages for all earlier periods (going
back two decades) points to ftp://lists.gnu.org/groff/, which does not appear
to be active (it times out every time I try to connect to it).  The same link
on http://lists.gnu.org/r/groff/2019-05/ and pages for all later periods
points to https://lists.gnu.org/archive/mbox/groff/, which works.

The same break happens in the same places for the archives of the groff-commit
and bug-groff lists.  I didn't check any other lists, but it's plausible the
problem exists across the board.

Can the "mbox format" links on these older pages be updated?  Alternately, can
the old link redirect to the new one, if there's a way to configure an ftp://
URL to redirect to an http:// one?  Thanks.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110917>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/